No matter how careful you are, carpets are going to get stains sooner or later. It is a fact that, unfortunately, you cannot control! You can try to be protective and cautious around it—but you would eventually end up with a stain that you would need to deal with when mishaps happen.
Carpets come in different sizes, kinds, and materials. How you clean one type would not apply to the other carpet kinds! As such, if your house or office floor is covered with carpet, this article might help with figuring out how to remove the stains! We will enumerate three primary causes of carpet stains that you should know to avoid.
When stains get too much, getting in touch with cleaning specialists like Sunshine Coast Cleans is a sure-fire way to eradicate any carpet misfortunes you might have.
Whether in a house or office setting, drinking coffee has been and will likely always be the norm. If you are a coffee drinker, you need to be careful when drinking your cup because when coffee spills on carpets, they can be persistent stains that can be tricky to remove!
When you accidentally spill coffee on your carpet, here are the things you can do to make sure the stain becomes less noticeable:
- Get a paper towel and blot down the coffee on the floor.
- Get an empty and clean spray bottle and fill it with three per cent hydrogen peroxide.
- Next, you get towels. They can be any towel, old or new, as long as they are not too colourful to avoid further staining.
- You would also need to get your steam iron or full steam and a bowl of water.
- Start spraying the hydrogen peroxide over the coffee stain.
- Soak your towel in water and place it on top of the stained area.
- Point your steam iron in the direction of the stain above the towel and let it steam for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Remove the towel and get a new one. Repeat the steps until the stain is gone.
- Expect to do the steps around 20 times—but the result would surprise you! Make sure to do the steps while the stain is still fresh to remove as much of the mess as you can.
- Another fantastic and fairly common drink that stains a carpet is red wine. Aside from having a difficult stain to remove on your carpet, spilling an expensive wine is a colossal waste!
- Here are the steps you can do if you accidentally spill wine on your carpet:
- Get a towel and blot up the liquid on your carpet.
- Get a club soda and cover the stain with it. Ensure only to apply enough—the bubbles from the soda work by breaking down the stain and separating it from your carpet fibres.
- Blot it up again with your towel and repeat until the carpet is clear.
You are lucky if the pet in your space is well toilet trained. If not, you can end up with random urine around the house, which usually ends on the carpets! The tricky part here is that they are not always visible—but they smell, and the odour will eventually spread around the house.
Here is what you can do to remove that annoying odour:
- Mix white vinegar and water in equal parts and place it inside a spray bottle.
- Mist the mixture over the smelly area.
- Using clean paper towels, blot the area several times until the odour is gone.
- If the odour does not go away, sprinkle baking soda on the affected area and keep it there for 24 hours.
- After one day, you would see it solidify and become yellowish. Scrape and vacuum it after!
How To Manage Stubborn Stains Found On Your Carpets?
Stains can be annoying, especially if you have light coloured and expensive carpets to maintain. However, before you get frustrated, know that there are ways to prevent them from staining for good. If you think that your carpet’s stains are not something you can remove on your own, you can always seek the best carpet cleaner, and they would do the cleaning for you.
Should you need professional carpet cleaning services in Sunshine Coast, Queensland, we are here to help! Sunshine Coast Cleans has a team of experts in the industry who can guarantee the removal of virtually any stain in your carpet! Contact us today at 0401 933 128 to book an appointment.